烟花Posted on: 05/11/2019
Dear 父母 和 Carers
I am writing to remind you all that it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to buy, carry or use fireworks. It is also illegal for anyone to throw or set off any firework in any street or public space. 烟花 are very dangerous items 和 every year numerous children are badly injured through the illegal use of fireworks.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error 和 was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
The full details of the law are below:
Categories of fireworks
- Category one: ‘Throwdown fireworks’ including firecrackers, bangers 和 party poppers
- Categories two 和 three: ‘Adult fireworks’ available in shops
- Category four: Professional display fireworks available from specialist suppliers
Who can use fireworks?
- Anyone over 18 can buy, carry or use category one, two 和 three fireworks
- Anyone over 16 can only buy, carry or use category one fireworks
- Anyone over 12 can buy Christmas crackers
- Only licensed professionals can buy, carry 和 use category 4 fireworks
- Unless part of an organised event by licensed professionals, fireworks cannot be used on the street or in a public place
- It’s an offence to throw or set off any firework (including sparklers 和 category 1 fireworks) in or into any highway, street, thoroughfare or public space
We want to ensure that all our students are safe 和 happy, that they can enjoy fireworks in safe licensed displays while being protected from the risk of physical harm or illegal behaviour. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns